With over 50 years of experience in designing and manufacturing aluminum and steel products, Transwall has expertise in anodizing aluminum as another option for your project.
What is anodized aluminum? It’s an electrolytic process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. What does that mean for you? An additional level of protection on aluminum that will not flake, chip, or peel and requires little maintenance.
Transwall offers a broad range of painted finish options on its products, with two standard anodized finishes as options on our ONE/LP. We offer a broad selection of finishes with a richer pallet of colors and textures for specifiers and clients.
One of our aluminum supply partners assembled this quick reference when considering the pros and cons of an anodized aluminum finish.
* Anodizing will not flake, chip or peel over time
* Anodizing is easy to maintain. You only need to do periodic cleaning of anodized extrusions with a mild detergent and water to restore the original lustre.
* Ease of fabrication. Abrasive wear at installation, shipment, and handling is negligible.
* Fewer color options. Because of the chemicals used in the anodizing process, there are limits on the color selection.
* All anodizing utilizes a chemically-intensive caustic or acid-etched process. The aluminum is submerged in a bath of chemicals. Disposal of these chemicals and the by-products requires additional processing.
* Anodizing does not offer the extended warranties as Pigmented Painted Products.
* Touch-up of anodized product in the field is more noticeable than air dry touch up paint for painted products.
Aluminum extrusions frame all of our glass panels and glass systems. Aluminum is light, easy to work with, durable and infinitely recyclable. The most durable, sustainable and thus environmentally- friendly finish for aluminum is a high quality power-coat finish. We offer dozens of colors and variations.
Interested in discussing anodized aluminum for your next project? Transwall is here to guide you through the decision making and installation process.
Your email address will not be published.